Friday, April 4, 2008

From Amie

I have so many memories of my grandpa. He was who I spent most of my time with when I was younger. He was my bestfriend. When they lived at the big farm house in enumclaw id help him go out and take care of the baby calves. We'd go down the road where he'd show me how the big cows were milked from machines and bs with the old men. I was so upset when they sold the farm, even today I tell people if I ever win the lottery im buying it back.

Or how grandpa had made me multiple 'bug barns' for my bug facination over the years. He'd be outside with me for hours helping me catch them. Id follow him around everywhere he went. Helping him fix things or even just watching t.v. I don't think I have a single childhood memory that doesn't involve my grandma and grandpa oneil.

His favorite story he always told about him and I was the time he took me to taco bell. I was ahead of him in line and when it was our turn to order I had told the lady I wanted a 'soft taco', but while barely being able to see over the counter. She had laughed and looked and grandpa replying, 'is she with you'? Grandpa would giggle and smile through that story everytime, no matter how many times he told it.

I love him so much and miss him dearly. I know that someday I will see him again. He will welcome me with that big warm hug and the same smell he's had since the day I was born. <3

Grandma I can't wait for you to get better and to be able to be home. I know how much you wish you were. Im so glad and thankful that you are okay. Anything you need no matter the day or time im here for you. I love you grandma.

Love always, Amie

No comments: