Monday, April 7, 2008

From Makayla




Jerry and Karen O’Neil are my grandparents. I for sure know speed was not an issue because I to used to always make fun of my grandpa for driving slowly, But he always answered "Stop being a back-seat driver!"

I know that every person in this world that knew him will miss his warm welcoming smile. Whenever we walked up to the front door in the mornings to visit you would either smell pancakes or he would be the first one outside to greet you and grandma right behind him.

In the past few weeks I got the chance to go to Arizona and visit grandma and grandpa along with my cousin Ashton. When we were in the air port getting ready to head home to our home around the Seattle area and as we were stepping on the plane the very last words he has ever said to me was "I love you!! Have a safe trip home!!!."

On Saturday we were at an event for some of our family and when we were done we called their cellphone. They didnt answer and we left a message. After this happening about 4 or 5 times of getting the answering machine from about 2:45 to 5:00 is when we started worry. Then my uncle who was with us at the time got a call and told us that grandma and grandpa were in a car accident and grandma was in the hospital and grandpa didnt make it.

May grandpa rest in peace!!!

No comments: