Monday, April 7, 2008

From Rick and Deanna Kruckenberg

I worked as a Civilian Firefighter on A-Shift at McChord AFB from 1979-1985. As we worked opposite shifts much of the time, I got to know Chief O’Neil much better when he became the Fire Chief. The memory I have really doesn’t have anything to do with me but, rather my wife Deanna. She was an AF Medic working at the clinic on one of the worst nights I can remember. I had just dropped of dinner for the crew when they were notified of an Aircraft Accident off of the South end of the runway. Although the rain and cold was unbearable and the work unpleasant Jerry took her under his wing and gave her his Firefighter Jacket so she could bear the storm.

Thanks, Jerry you will always be remembered as a true gentleman.

Rick Kruckenberg
Chief of Training
Port of Seattle Fire Department

No comments: