Thursday, April 3, 2008

From Teak & Casie

"Big Jerry" is my brother inlaw and, pretty much as everyone has stated he drove like an old lady. I played golf with Big Jerry when he and my sister came back to the east coast (to the farm in Erin N.Y) for visits. I will miss playing golf with him and hearing some of his stories on the history of this country and other things (I wish I had him as a history teacher, I may have learned somthing.) Last summer when they came home for a visit, my brother inlaw Tom Waite, his brother Jeff and I took Big Jerry to a Catatonk Golf coarse in Canton. There was one hole they had been rebuilt, that was a very long par 5. After we hit our second or third or possibly forth shot, there was this huge pond between us and the green. Big Jerry started bitching (in a fun way) about who the hell built this hole. There was no way to go around it, so you had to go over. I don’t remember how many balls we lost on that one hole but I did agree with Big Jerry. Who ever designed that hole must have thought Tiger Woods was coming to play, NOT. It was not a good hole for eiter of us, older golfers and women should get like a par 10 on that hole. We had a great time playing golf that day and he's probably telling Gus right now about how some idiot put a pond right in the middle of the fairway on that hole. He will be truely missed. But I am pretty sure that him and my dad (Gus) are playing 18 holes on the great golf course in the sky. I love you all and will be seeing you in the near future to help Karen with her recovery. Teak & Casie

No comments: