Saturday, April 19, 2008

From Dennis& Lynda Graves

Karen
I was so shocked to learn of Jerrys & your accident.I had just talked to him about 5-6 weeks ago ,he had told me you usually went home to Washington about the first of April,you must have gone early.I had stated I would love to visit this summer.
Jerry was as close to me as the Brother I never had. I will never forget the good times we had the 2 years at Phalsburg A.F.B France. We were best friends-roommates for two years,rode the same truck,ate every meal together went to town together,partners in the card games & all the people on the base thought we were brothers.
I remember him telling me he had 5 sisters &they whipped his ass until he was in high school.One sister wrote him a letter and enclosed a stamped -self addressed envelope with a blank piece of paper& pen.
He talked about his motorcycle escapades before he joined the A.F and how he bought a house on the lake in Idaho when he retired& about froze to death cause he said he had forgotten how damm cold it was in Montana& Idaho.
I regret I did'nt get to visit there but one time,but was happy he got to come here twice.Jerry was always happy even when you were after him & he called you the mad czech .
I wish we had lived closer so i could have visited often.I will never forget the great times we had together and some of the crazy things we did. I will miss Jerry ,I loved him like a brother .
Please feel free for you or the children to visit us in Knoxville, you are forever welcome.
I hate I will miss the celebration of Jerrys life,I had to attend our granddaughter's wedding in Orlando.
I will call you when I am better able to talk. Wishing you a speedy& complete recovery.
Dennis& Lynda Graves
(tweaser)

No comments: